I am the author of my destiny. Challenges may come in my way, but determine if they will become obstacles or stepping stones. It is exciting to think that my future is filled with empty pages to write stories of my life’s experiences and adventures. I am embarking on a journey with no perfect destination. Instead I am seeking to find treasures of happiness along the way. Each pitfall is not a failure, but a celebration of success and growth. They are side trips to discover unexpected fortunes to add to my character.
I am empowered by my vision of possibilities to uncover in my future. Passions provide direction and shape my character. They provide an outlet to express and redefine my personality and purpose. I am eager to pursue hobbies of card making, reading, sewing, journaling, home decorating, running, cross country skiing, biking, and beading. In addition to these specific activities I am interested in the idea of pursuing trying new passions frequently. They do not need to become lifelong passions, but will provide new growing experiences. There are so many different activities to investigate that will continue to help me see what I like and dislike while shaping who I am.
As the author of my destiny, my “Becky voice” will be a defender against my enemies and a leader to victory. My eating disorder voice spoke of uncertainties, incompetence, and worthlessness. In my future, my “Becky voice” will strengthen me to build self-confidence and self-acceptance. It will speak of my true self’s desires, passions, and dreams.
My “Becky voice” will seek to be outspoken of concerns and worries to find greater strength to fight. I am especially committed to sharing with Nelson. By sharing, I will build strong connections of communication and love. Instead of seeking to protect Nelson from my worries, I know communication will protect our relationship. It will draw us closer together in new and unexpected ways. He is my best friend and confidant to be trusted with anything. Communication will be an anchor of strength in our marriage as we stay committed to each other.
I am excited to take time to have fun in life to move away from worries and work. This time may be with Nelson, family, or by myself. I am enlivened to take time to find pleasure in simple and planned activities each day. Some adventures may include vacations, field trips, enjoying the outdoors, taking a nap, exploring passions, and simply relaxing. Time for fun is rejuvenating to my mind, body, and soul.
Life has blessed me with challenges and experiences that have molded and shaped who I am. In my future, I want to share these moments with others to help them through their journey. Sharing will help empower me to keep on the road of recovery as I remember the fears I have overcome and the changes I have made.
The light of recovery seems possible in my future. I realize it will take time for the darkness of my eating disorder to totally disappear, but I have the learned coping skills to fight against it. Each day my voice will get stronger. Even though I may have some set backs, I know I will overcome. I am ready to find my life full of passions, enjoyment, and purpose. I am the author of my destiny!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dearest Becky,
ReplyDeleteWow! What promising words .... remember to read and believe it! We do!
Love you always and forever,
Mom