March 7, 2010
Dear Family,
How is everyone doing? What exciting adventures have you all had over the weekend? Anyone have any exciting news to share? What are you looking forward to this week? Thank you for all your visits, emails, love, and prayers. They are so comforting and strengthening.
Life continues to be busy at the Center for Change. I like it that way because my mind doesn’t have a lot of time to wander to unwanted places. RTC has a little more free time than inpatient on some days, so I try to keep busy with assignments that I need to do.
I went to my first “Creative Living” class on Thursday. We painted flower pots and learned how to crochet flower headbands. Have you seen them? I think they are really cute. I liked learning how to crochet again. I think mom taught me a little in high school to do border around a blanket. My flowers for some reason only ended up with 4 pedals when it was supposed to have 5. I guess I need to keep practicing next week.
Nelson came down for a date night on Friday. It was fun to spend some time with him. He is a real trooper to come down so often to be with me. It is always one of my favorite times of the week.
Mom, Dad, Melissa, Jeff, and Will picked me up on Saturday for a few hours. I went to the mall with them to find some new clothes. Melissa and Mom were a great help to tackling a very anxious goal. I enjoyed spending time with them.
We went to the BYU volleyball game last night for the outing. They are ranked 4th and played Perideine that is ranked 1st. The Cougars lost, but they played hard. It was interesting to be at BYU again. It brought back a lot of memories with roommates and siblings. I treasure the memories I have there.
Today for psycho education we talked about the blessings of hardships in our lives. Trials and tribulations are important experiences in life. They are difficult and hard to overcome, and important to the creation of who I am. Hardships give me an opportunity to draw closer, shaped my character to reach my potential, and define my purpose. I believe they bring more blessings than I could otherwise receive without these experiences. I am so grateful for the many blessings I have, am, and will receive through this challenge I am facing. I am aware of the great love my father in heaven has for me.
I am looking forward to going to Courage Reins again this week and rock climbing for our outing on Wednesday. I’ll let you know how it goes this week. I love you all so much.
Always, Becky
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment