Dear Family,
Yesterday was a slower day at the Center with some nice visits from Melissa and Nelson. Melissa, Elise, and Jen came in the afternoon and shared some funny vacation stories. Michelle (my roommate) overheard it and made me tell it to her and Eliza at bedtime. They laughed at me and wanted me to do that at the center. I told them it wouldn’t happen.
I was able to go to a cooking class for lunch today with 5 other patients. We made the lunch together and then ate it. We made grilled Panini’s, fresh fruit salad, and homemade cookies. This was the first time I have really cooked anything since coming to the center. It was nerve racking at first with a new experience. A patient Eloise helped me make the cookies. She is in her upper 50s and is one of the sweetest people I have ever met. She made me feel so comfortable as she shared stories of making cookies for her grandkids. As we ate lunch, it made me excited to be able to go home and eat dinner with Nelson. Instead of worry about all the rules I have to follow in the dining room (hands on the table all the time, rotate what you eat, eat 100% even the crumbs, don't break your food, etc) I could just enjoy the meal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Can you make me a panini someday? I have never had a panini but it sure sounds good!
ReplyDelete