As I went home on pass this weekend I was thrilled to see the signs of spring showing up. I find renewed energy in the signs of spring as trees and flowers begin to bloom. Spring brings new light and color with its arrival that is enlivening. As I was thinking about these signs I was reminded of something I learned from my yoga teacher, LeAnn on Friday.
She said that sometimes we beat ourselves up when we think we cannot see ourselves progressing or we feel we have moved backward. Sometimes I think life is a continuous process forward, like I am building steps toward heaven. However, LeAnn taught me that life is a process of cycles of learning and growing. It made me think of the cycles I see repeat around me: day/night, seasons, life/death, sin/repentance, and others. Even in the gospel, I am taught the same things repeatedly while finding new discoveries. The lessons in conference and at church repeat over and over because understanding can be expanded.
LeAnn helped me understand that life is not necessarily continuous steps forward. Rather it is a cycle that expands with time and experience. When I struggle with something again, I am going to look at it as a way to deepen my understanding. It doesn’t mean I have fallen backwards. I am finding my challenge cycle expands my understanding and enlivens my spirit. Cycles help bring change in a way that helps me see life through new light and bring me closer to my Savior in ways I know I otherwise couldn’t. Trials are definitely are blessings in disguise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment