Thursday, March 18, 2010

Family Week

Family week started today. The girls came down today for parts of the day. It meant the world to me to have them here. I hope they enjoyed the classes and therapy. Dr. Julie said she really enjoyed meeting everyone that I talk so much about. I am so lucky to have so many wonderful women in my life: my sisters, mothers, and grandmothers. I admire them in many ways. There are great examples of strong women of faith and mothers in Zion. Someday I hope to develop the qualities they express and share with me. They are wonderful blessings in my life. One of my favorite things to do is to be with them. I enjoy playing and visiting with them.

I believe there is a true magic between sisters. I treasure the relationships and memories we share from playing with dolls, dressing up, playing make believe, baking cookies, and of coarse playing ten in a bed. Mom always seemed to come out on top. I still wonder how she always won – I think she cheated! Sister’s hearts are bond in way that makes it easy to laugh, cry, sympathize, and relate to one another. A sister’s connection makes it easy to read between the lines, behind the lies, and understand unspoken messages during a conversation. Their hugs, hearts, and hands bring warmth and comfort.

I am so grateful for mothers who care so tenderly and lovingly. Their hearts are whole and full outpouring love. Gentle hugs, kisses, cuddles, and touches seem to heal even the greatest pains. A mother’s love is the perfect medicine as it is unconditional and eternal. I treasure memories of being taught through my mother’s actions and words to be genuine, kind, forgiving, charitable, giving, selfless, prayful, humble, playful, and loving. Wrapped in a mother’s arms serenity is found. Looking through a mirror with my mother helps me see what God sees, my true self.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for inviting me to come down today and participate in Family Week. I enjoyed spending the day with you and learning with you. Thank you for letting me share one of my new found hobbies with you and your friends at the Center for Change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Becky,
    Family is our greatest treasure! Thanks for the lovely reminder how important and special our family is. Sisters and Mothers have a special bond that helps us move forward and be stronger! I know that you are such an important part of that sister bond and will be a wonderful mom in the future. Keep smiling!
    (I didn't cheat but the secret is leverage!)
    Perhaps that is a clue for life too, use leverage to keep your smile broad and life happy!
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a great time with you this weekend! I love Dr. Julie and love to see the great bond you have with her. Because I have sisters, I ALWAYS will have a friend! I cherish the wonderful sister and inspiring friend you are to me! It is wonderful to see your smile and the beautiful countenance you have radiating each time I see you! It truly is breathtaking and I can't wait to see it again and again! Hugs to you Becks! Have a great week! Love you!

    ReplyDelete