Dear Family,
Over the past few days I have had an overwhelming feeling of gratitude for the tender mercies I have received to come to the CFC and while I have been here. Looking back, I can definitely recognize providence in the time I came, the therapist I have, the patients around me, and the many people who are helping me. It is amazing to think of all the hands that are helping me each day. I am so grateful for the care in helping me become myself again.
I feel very lucky for all the people I have to help me: Dr. Julie, Torey, care techs, and more. I feel especially lucky to be one of the directors patients. They have helped me in so many ways, some of which they may not even be aware of. They will always be people I remember that helped me at a difficult time in my life, including all of you. Thank you for helping me along my journey of recovery.
I appreciate the genuine kindness, care, and concern of the people here. They are always there to help me: a silent cheerleader in the dining room, an anchor of support, outspoken encourager, and most of all - friendship. On really hard days, I found relief in knowing my cheerleaders are there to comfort me and help me continue to push forward. Whether taking small or big steps, they help me to see it is progress.
I appreciate the way you and my treatment team have helped me find my “Becky voice.” Through the different activities and theraputic approaches I am beginning to find myself again. I don't know when I will exactly get to come home, but I know I will be guided to the right time with the help of my treatment team. I am extremely grateful for your patience during my recovery process. I feel selfish being here and hope in some ways I am able to help all of you.
I am officially on RTC this week, so new experiences are coming my way. Some of the new classes include RAD (rape definese course), Zomba dancing, Courage Reins, creative living, and self-esteem. I am looking forward to going to Courage Reins tomorrow to work with the children with autism. I have really missed working with my students. They are one of my joys in my life. I will keep you posted on my new exciting experiences.
I miss all of you and look forward to visits, emails, and hugs each day and weekend. I hope to hear from you all soon.
Lots of love,
Becky
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Becky...you are amazing and NEVER think of you as being selfish for being at the Center for Change. You are courageous! I have learned so much from you! Thank you for sharing your journey with us.
ReplyDeleteDearest Becky,
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful to see the progress you are making and the lessons that you are teaching. You have helped me remember what wonderufl blessings our family has had given to us. I realize that sometimes through our challenges the greatest blessings are realized and shared. Thanks for sharing and being such a blessing to our family. Love you
Mom