Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Becky's News

Dear Family,

Just wanted to drop a little note to say thanks for the fun weekend and I love you! It was fun to see everyone on Saturday at Haydn’s party. As I was sitting there all the little nieces and nephews seemed to be growing up so fast. I loved watching and hearing about their new tricks: making bracelets, walking, learning colors, playing soccer, and much more. They are so cute!

Yesterday, I went to mom and dad’s ward. Bishop VanWagner gave a really good talk that taught me many things. He talked about camels in relation to gospel topics. Bishop explained how camels are kind unattractive and uninviting with their ability to spit. However, they are also really powerful with their strengths and abilities. Camels can travel far distances without stopping for food and water, withstand extreme heat, and carry heavy loads. A camel’s master is very trusting of their abilities to endure and push forward. Each morning a camel bows before his master to take on a new load. Then, at the end of each day, a camel bows to his master to take their heavy burdens that they bear.

Just like a camel, I have a master I bow to each morning in humility in to ask for strength and power to overcome the challenges of the day. I have learned from someone special to me to ask “how” instead of “why” to my master. He is omnipotent and knows how my experiences will help me become what He sees in my eternal mirror. I believe He gently places my “load” for the day with tender mercy and care.

Throughout my day’s journey, I know my master is walking beside me each step of the way. When the load is too heavy to bear, He lets me rest while encouraging to keep going. As I muster the strength to keep going, my master continues to walk beside me – never leaving me alone. When I start to leave the path, He is there to guide me back to safety, if I will listen and obey. His gentle words of love and support help me keep moving.

At the end of the day, I humbly bow before him to take the load for a while. Through His everlasting grace and mercy, the load is lifted. I am so grateful for His strength and love. Without His tender mercies I know I would not be able to overcome. His merciful arms lift and carry me always.

Bishop VanWagner also explained how each camel has a different load that can be deceiving. Just like the camels, I believe everyone has their own loads or trials to bear. Each is different in their size, but comparable in the treasures they hold. I am learning how important trials are for discovering who I am and uncovering life’s treasures. Challenges are definitely blessings in disguise.

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I love the camel analogy and I love the wonderful ways you apply this to you! I think you are doing an amazing job of "carrying" the challenges that have been placed before you. You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Becky,
    I am proud of you and your have amazing insights. Thanks for the way you always encourage others with your courage and steadfast commitment. It is an amazing thing to remember how much we are loved and given. Thanks for being such an inspiration of working to find joy in our journey. Have a happy day and remember we love you!
    Love
    mom

    ReplyDelete