Tuesday was my second time in NIA. This is the exercise class that combines kickboxing and dancing together. It has been a big risk taking class because I have never taken dance before. I am definitely not confident in my ability to dance or move. However, I enjoy the class and the chance it brings to move. It is an emotional release of energy and emotions. Through this class I am beginning to develop a love for the movement dance brings. This week we did a "Riverdance"theme and danced to riverdance songs. My calves really got a work out. The teacher is from Switzerland so she is hard to understand, so I watch her closely to know what to do. I am sure if you were to walk in the room, you would laugh at the silly movements we make. I guess it doesn't matter what you look like if it makes you feel good. At the end of the class while we were cooling down, I was thinking about how the dance movements made me feel. I got a little teary eyed (silly I know - I have mom's genes) thinking about how neat my body is that it can move and express feelings. I am beginning to realize how powerful my body is.
In art today we dipped a string in ink and dashed against a paper. Then we let it dry and were to look for an image in the abstract lines. I created a mountain sunrise scene. To me it represented how life brings challenges of different sizes. Through these obstacles comes an opportunity for growth and change. Like the sunrise, trials bring an opportunity to become reborn again into someone new, a connection to my true inner self.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I would be excited to have the chance to be in such a fun class, (however I'm not so sure my body would think it was so fun) I am excited to try my hand at our class together. Maybe the future holds a new hobbie for us!
ReplyDelete