Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Life Quest #2

February 2, 2010
It was the second day of “Life Quest.” The focus for today was exploring and developing personal passions and principles to develop a purposed in life. We talked about the 4 P’s of living and being today and in the present: personality, passions, principles, and purpose. Principles are values that govern my way of life. Some of my principles are: honesty, integrity, compassion, empathy, determination, trusting, sincerity, charity, virtue, loyalty, faithful, enduring, and loving. These are all values I am working to develop and strengthen. Lynette (music therapist) defined principles and explained how they are found and strengthened when faced with great opposition. I believe this to be true because life’s experiences build and define who I am and my principles.
After exploring our principles we danced together to celebrate the life of principles we defined. It was embarrassing and scary to dance at first, but Lynette and Kim made it more comfortable to open up. I think the purpose of this was to help us feel comfortable to be free to express ourselves. It was freeing to let go in a way.
We then got with a buddy and discussed what we feel our purpose in life. I am realizing in order to have purpose, it was important to have passions to reach for and principles to guide you. As I search for my purpose, I will lean on my passions and principles.
The last activity of the day was an invitation to sing a solo in front of everyone. The song was the same for everyone called, “Stand” by Susan Ashton. It has a really good message of letting go and moving forward with faith. I was the 4th to go. As I sang I felt invigorated and empowered. I can’t believe I sang by myself in front of everyone, but I want to prove to myself and Ed that I am ready to let go, trust in others, and myself and leap into my dreams of the future. Tonight I went to Nia for the first time. It is a type of creative dance and kick boxing combined to use self expression. I enjoyed moving to realize emotions. I can’t really dance, but I enjoyed releasing emotions.

1 comment:

  1. I am proud and in awe of all the brave things that you are doing. You truly are couageous and growing and determining once again the power found only in you! Love you mom!

    ReplyDelete