Here is a page from Becky's journal:
January 7, 2010
This morning I went to 12 step group which is led by my therapist, Julie. I like this group because it is focused on your spirituality of recovery. This is an important aspect of my recovery. At the beginning of the group, Julie asked us to define our spirituality and how it helps or harms your recovery. My faith in Heavenly Father and knowing I am loved as a daughter of God helps me remember I am loved and of worth. I also believe that my Savior understands my struggles and how to best help me towards recovery.
It was interesting to hear the other women's comments and and spiritual perspectives. Through the process of recovery I hope they can realize how much Heavenly Father loves them.
Tonight we had music therapy where we use music to find ways to cope. We listened to songs about dreams, including "Dream Big" by Ryan Shupe. Then we read Martin Luther King's speech, "I Have a Dream." Using the outline of the speech we wrote down and discussed our own dreams. It was interesting to see how dreams bring feelings of hope and happiness with desires for something in the future. All the dreams were different, but provided something to look forward to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment