Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Heaven Sent Angel

I wrote this poem for Julie for a book I made to say thank you. She has truly been a light and angel in my life. Someone I truly admire, love and treasure. A heaven sent blessing.


These simple words are just a glimpse into a woman I cherish
A steady lighthouse through a dark, thunderous storm of my life
Heaven sent tender mercy, manifesting God’s infinite love for me
My angel of magical light to watch over me

Genuine love mends my broken bucket
Beginning to fill it with the sparkling pixie dust of life
Contagious smiles and tickling stomachs of laughter
Finding freedom to enjoy the simple pleasures of life

Giving hugs to comfort, console, and celebrate
Reminding me I am held in God’s embracing arms of love
A love without limits or conditions
Strengthening my capacity to love and to be loved

Enlightening my faith and testimony in my God
Recognizing His outpouring of daily tender mercies
Empowering my strength to overcome
Magically transforming my stumbling blocks into stepping stones

Shining a trusting light to see my true reflection
Uncovering the twinkle in my eyes again
Ready to explore and experiment my passions and dreams
Discovering the light of joyful possibilities in my life

Guiding my spirit heaven bound
Identifying my character as God sees me:
A daughter of King with promises of eternity
With potential to share a divine light of charity, hope, and peace

A trusting, genuine friend and example
A companion to lean on and lift to higher ground
A cheerleader through my bumps and bruises
A confidant of secrets, worries, passions, dreams

As my journey continues forward
Gratitude fills my heart for your influence and love
Continuing to seek the magic of life to fly
With my angel Tinker Bell at my side

No comments:

Post a Comment