Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Mother's Touch

As I was thinking about my mother today I wrote this poem. I thought I would share it.


A Mother’s Touch

By: Rebecca Yates

It is hard to capture the depth and breadth of a mother’s love

A glimpse of heaven’s love, eternal and divine

Tender blessings of God’s grace and mercies

Enrapture in my mother’s gentle touch

Through the touch of my mother’s hands

Comfort, protection, affection surround me

Strengthening and uplifting me heaven bound

Through my mother’s thoughtful prayers

I feel strengthened by the touch of the master’s hand

Miracles and angels enrapture me

Through my mother’s affectionate eyes

Twinkling messages of hope, peace, joy are sent

Guiding my spirit toward my potential as a Daughter of a King

Through my mother’s keen ears

Spoken and unspoken messages are perceived

Understanding listening is worth a lifetime of speaking

Through my mother’s soft spoken words

Encouragement and empowerment is given

Testifying of God’s eternal divinity and love

Through my mother’s faithful footsteps

Her righteous example enlightens my path

Walking beside me each step of the way as my loyal friend

Through the touch of the Master’s hand

He blesses me with an earthly angel

A messenger of God’s true, eternal love

My dear mother

No comments:

Post a Comment