Monday, April 19, 2010

Broken Poem

I was thinking about the word broken yesterday and wrote this poem about some of my reflections and thoughts. It made me think about the blessings that come from feeling "broken."

Broken & Mending
Becky Yates
4/18/2010

Broken
A word that usually brings feelings of despair
Has developed a new, deeper meaning to me
Of hope, healing, and mending

All things that are broken can be mended
Added strength through persistence
Blessings overflowing
An enduring pathway to heaven above

The sacred covenant renewed through the sacrament
Are given through partaking of the broken bread
In memory of the Only Begotten
Who died that I may born again

This holy covenant reminds me of
My Savior’s broken tomb
Opened to mend all men’s graves
To live with Him again

My broken heart
Opens my soul to greater understanding
Mending my spirit with strength to endure
Enlarging my heart with a greater capacity to love

In humility my knees are broken in humility in prayer
Heaven’s light seeps into me bowed before my Maker
His arms wrapped around me mend my wounds
Comfort and blessed by His eternal love

My broken spirit is mended with love
Becoming more whole and complete
Leading me to heaven above
More refined to my true self

I am broken
But not without the power to mend from my Savior
His healing power leads me heaven bound
A power to heal wounds to create my greater self

1 comment:

  1. Becky - you never cease to amaze me! You have such a way with words and are so creative! I think through this healing power you have really uncovered a beautiful talent of writing and reflecting. I love to read the wonderful insights you have... thanks for sharing! I love you!

    ReplyDelete