Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Sleeping with Monkey

When I was a little girl, I would sleep with my monkey, Charlie.  The tradition of my monkey is rooted in my Grandpa White.  He had a monkey, Charlie Sr., that I loved.  I asked Santa for one when I was about 6-7 years old.  Santa worked hard to find one just like my Grandpa's, and he did!!  I loved Charlie, especially that it was like Grandpa's.  He was my protector and comforter throughout the night.  Charlie now shows signs of being well loved.  Funny thing, Emily has grown to love my old monkey, Katie, who we know call "Key" as Emily has named her so.  She loves to give her hugs and kisses.  One day she was pulling my hair while rocking her to sleep.  I thought to give her "Key" so that she would have something else to pull ;).  One "Key" was in her arms, she feel fast asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment