Friday, October 11, 2013

Fall Walks


We have anticipated cooler weather for months!  Until recently we had not had a day with a high temperature less than 90 degrees since March.  We were so looking forward to cooler weather to play outside in and signs of fall -my favorite season.  In Arizona there were some trees that lost their leaves, but that usually happened in December or January.  As such I have been watching closely for signs off fall here in St. George.  It seems this week there are some distinct signs of fall: changing leaves, dew, and seeing condensation clouds when you breathe outside in the morning.  Emily and I love to go for walks in this cooler weather, but with that we need to wear some warmer clothes.  When Emily is all bundled up, Nelson calls it the "Emily burrito."  I have yet to find some gloves, so Emily sports some socks on her hands to keep them warm.  My family would think I was teaching her my tricks.  I used to wear socks on my hands to bed with medicine on them to treat my eczema.  She is sure cute with her socks and ears on her hat.  I cannot help but giggle.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment