Emily has been looking forward to turning 4 for a while. With Aunt Sissa they marked off all the family birthdays until it was her big day. Once it was Sissa's birthday she knew her birthday was next - hooray! On the morning of her birthday, I picked Emily up out of bed and began to sing "Happy Birthday" to her. She smiled ear to ear. Emily immediately asked for her presents and a "Nana Pancake" (cinnamon roll) to blow a candle out on. We followed through with her requests. Emily loved opening her new presents: Sofia the First magnetic dolls and a princess puzzle. I was so grateful for the way she immediately found ways to share her new toys with Lily.
After a morning of fun playing with her new toys, we headed to Gardner Village to see the "Witches." The girls loved the pumpkins, witches, and many Halloween decorations. We enjoyed a cookie as a prize for finding all the witches at the end - Hooray!
Emily is sure growing up fast! I am often mesmerized as I look at her pictures as a baby until now. Oh how much she is changing into a bright little girl! I am so lucky to be her mom.
Here are a few highlights about Emily:
- Emily loves being a big sister to Logan. Emily loves laying on the floor with Logan and giving him new toys. She is so excited at the new things he does each day. I love the gentle way she embraces him and kisses his forehead. She does this without prompting each time he wakes up for the day or a nap.
- Emily's favorite playmate is Lily. She enjoys imagining with her, playing princesses, reading books, and going on mischievous adventures. Emily is good to watch out for Lily - a natural protector of her.
- Reading is still one of Emily's favorite past times. She loves getting new books from the library. Every time we go to the library, Emily can be found reading the afternoon away. She is great at retelling a story after hearing it one time. If she hasn't heard the story, Emily is great at using the pictures to tell her own version of the story.
- Emily loves playing with her cousins. She looks forward to Sunday dinners and get togethers because she knows cousins and Sissa will be there.
- Some of Emily's favorite toys are: magnetic princess dolls, anything princess, books, Barbies, and puzzles.
- Emily enjoys going on adventures to the park, the zoo, and the library.
- Some of Emily's favorite foods are: pasta, "red chicken" or spaghetti, cinnamon toast, cereal, goldfish, and yogurt.
- Emily is learning to recognize letters and numbers. She is anxious to start preschool next year.
- As the big sister, Emily is a great help to me at home. She loves to help me with projects during naptime. I also appreciate the sincere, genuine care she gives to Logan and Lily. She is often eager to help them without being asked.
I love this Emily of mine who made me a momma for the first time. She is so sweet and gentle. I love her funny and cute expressions. I love her sweet smile and goodnight kisses. I am so glad she is mine!

No comments:
Post a Comment