Sunday, August 10, 2014

Nana and Grandma



Nana was here for a few days before Lily's arrival.   Emily and I loved spending time with her.  We enjoyed the splash park, river walk, and crafting together a quiet book.  She was a great help with Emily while I was in the hospital.  I know Emily enjoyed her one-on-one time with her because she was spoiled with hugs, kisses, and jellybeans.  It was a special experience to have my mom there for Lily's delivery.  Whenever my mom describes the birth of a baby - whether it be a grandchild or her own child - she emphasizes the spiritual feelings that are present.  As she said, "When a baby is born, heaven and earth meet."  I was glad that she was there for that special moment and hope she felt her daddy there because I know he was.  He is never far.


Grandma Yates came the weekend after Lily was born.  With my dad in the hospital, my mom had to leave early.  JoLynn was so sweet to come so quickly - the next day.  I appreciate the time she took away from work on such short notice.  Emily too loved spending time with Grandma Yates.  She loved dancing and singing nursery songs.  Emily now loves to dance and sing while I am nursing.  It was special to have JoLynn there to meet Lily and get to know her so quickly after she had joined our family.  I know both girls loved spending some time with her.

We are looking forward to blessing Lily at home in Salt Lake in September so that we can introduce her to so many people that love her.  There is no doubt we are richly blessed with love from family and dear loved ones.  I hope both my daughters know how much they are loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment