Thursday, August 21, 2014

My Two Girls


Each day I pray with great gratitude for my many blessings, especially my family.  Though there are still rocky moments throughout the day - there always will be - Emily, Lily, and I are adjusting to our new routine with the 3 of us.  I love the time we share each day playing, singing, and reading books together.  Some of my favorite moments are when the 3 of us sit together to read books.  I love how Emily cuddles next to me and pats Lily's head.  She is so sweet with Lily.  For the past few days Emily has wanted to eat her meals in her rocking chair sitting next to Lily in the kitchen.  Emily is insistent that Lily be in her chair even if I am trying to console her when she is fussy.  I know she will be excited to play and share with Lily as she grows.  They will be great friends - for sure.  What's more they will be sisters!  Sisters make the best of friends - they never come and go because they are always there.  Sisters are great to play, pretend, and talk with.  I know my sisters are all special to me and know these girls will have their own special sisterhood.

1 comment:

  1. Becky- congratulations on baby #2! I am so happy for you and Nelson. Kyle and I miss you guys. I should tell you that I am finally pregnant :) I am 15 weeks! We don't know the baby's gender yet but will find out in about 5 weeks.
    Love, Kellie

    ReplyDelete