Last September when Jeff and Amber came to visit, Emily began to crawl after watching Ellie do it like a pro. She had been on the verge of crawling, but timid to do it. Ellie came to visit and Emily took off. I was wondering if the same magic would happen when Emily watched Ellie walk, and it did! For several weeks - months - Emily has shown signs of walking, but too timid to do it herself. She would walk along anything, even the wall, and behind anything (garbage cans, toys, buckets, etc). However, when it came time to talk off herself - no way. Emily just seemed to need time to be sure of herself and build confidence.
Well, yesterday morning Ellie and Will came for a play-date as they were in town for a Law Conference with Jeff. We went to the park and Emily watched Ellie closely walk. Magic! By the afternoon while we played outside Emily took off on her own. She walked around everywhere out in our front yard as if it was old news. I was so excited to see her go off on her own! I still treasure moments when she holds my hand walking outside as I know this won’t last forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment