Monday, March 24, 2014

18 Months


For the past 18 months I have recorded Emily's sparkles of growth.  It has been amazing to see her change in the pictures I have taken and the words I have recorded.  Each day is a new day of learning and growing with Emily.  She seems to do a new trick everyday.  I am excited to continue to see her grow as I learn along with her.

  • Emily took her first independent steps.  In fact I think she took of running more than walking.  
  • Each day Emily expands her vocabulary.  She can say 20-30 words, including animals sounds.
  • When Emily reads her lift flap animals books, she says the sounds of the animals when she points to them.  She knows the animals sounds of a monkey, elephant, walrus, dog, bird, snake, and koala ("kk).  It is so cute to see her read the books to me and anyone who will listen.
  • Emily has been attending nursery at church.  She loves to play with the toys, sing songs, and be with the kids.  Mom has enjoyed being in nursery with her and excited to see her go by herself soon.
  • As a "Little Mommy," Emily loves to mimic what I do with her monkey.  She pretends to get her monkey dressed, feed it, give it a binky, and take her for a walk.  I think Emily is practicing for the new baby.
  • Emily loves to be outside and spends most of her day out there.  She loves to go for walks, play at the park, and explore.
  • She is a great snuggle bug with me.  I love the way she walks towards me while playing to simply give me a hug.  So cute!!



No comments:

Post a Comment