Wednesday, April 24, 2013

7 Months


I cannot believe my little baby is 7 months!!  This means she is closer to her one year birthday than her birth day.  More often than not I wish I could slow down time.  Unfortunately I cannot, so instead I strive to enjoy each day - each moment.  These are some memorable moments of the last month:

  • Emily can sit up all by herself.  She loves the independence it brings.  Although she will play by herself on the floor, Emily loves company!  She is a social bug.
  • Emily loves to play "Role Over Said the Little One."  This is a made up game from my mom.  I will lay on the floor and roll over saying, "Roll over said the little one."  Then I encourage Emily to do the same.  She will giggle and roll over from her tummy to her back.  Emily is not yet sure about rolling from her back to her tummy.
  • Emily loves to play with herself in the mirror.  She will talk and giggle to herself for a long time. 
  • Emily loves to discover new tastes.  She seems to really love fruits, sweet potatoes, and carrots.  Emily has also experimented and fed her self crackers.  She is an all-star eater!!  Even with these new tastes we think milk is her favorite food.
  • Emily went for her first "swim" in the pool.  She loves the water.  I think she especially likes the sunlight's glow on top of the water.
  • Emily LOVES to be outside.  She would be out there all day if we let her.  She must have some outdoor genes from her mom.
  • Emily is discovering how to move her arms and hands.  She shakes her arm up and down when she is excited.  Emily also loves to open and close her fist against different fabrics.  I think it is her way of discovering the feel of different textures.
  • Emily loves to play peek-a-boo.  She anticipates when she will be uncovered.
  • Emily is excited to see her grandparents this month for her daddy's graduation!

No comments:

Post a Comment