Today, I have had a few spiritual learning experiences I wanted to take note of. . .
This weekend was stake conference. Elder Grow from the seventy presided over the meetings. The stake theme this year is "The Family." I love the theme as I feel my understanding of the blessing of family has grown with the birth of Emily. She has helped me develop insight into the depth and power of God's love for His children. Today a sister shared a story of a young women's comment during a lesson on God's infinite love. The class was discussing how love grows as you have more children. To this a young beehive remarked, "Know wonder why God's love is so big, He has so many children, all of us."
As I think of having another baby, I can't imagine how my heart could love them just as much as Emily. Yet, I know love grows by the numbers and time. I have learned to love by experiences and the people I share it with, especially my family. In return, my heart grows by feeling their love.
Another powerful comment of the conference was an answer to a prayer. I have been so grateful for the expansion of conversation in my scripture study with Nelson as we have been reading "The Holy Temple" by President Boyd K. Packer. I have felt a yearning for more of a "feast" in my personal study. In the conference, Elder Grow explained how he explained how he studied the scriptures which I am now going to try. He picks a topic in the index or topical guide and then studies the correlating scriptures under each word. Elder Grow explained he doesn't just read the scriptures listed, but those around it to gain insight into the context of the scripture passage and story. I am excited to use this strategy for a new way to feast on the words of Christ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment