Thursday, February 16, 2017

A Downtown Adventure


It was beautiful February sunshine weather for an outing today.  We picked up Nana and headed downtown to the Church History Museum.  It has recently been redone with some amazing exhibits to explore.  I wish I could have spent the day there learning, but the kids were eager to check out the children's area.  They had fun coloring, building with blocks, reading books, and playing in the play area. 

After some time there we walked through Temple Square.  It was so quiet and peaceful.  I loved showing Emily the temple Nelson and I was married in.  She gazed at the temple with delight.  Later that day, she said, "Mommy we saw the temple you were married in today.  We even saw the door with circles that you had a picture by.  But I wasn't there yet because I was in heaven."  This sweet girl has such an amazing spirit and testimony in that little body of hers.

We enjoyed a picnic lunch near Macey's and then headed to the Disney Store.  The girls loved seeing all the toys there and wanted to take everything home.  Our adventure was just for seeing though.  We are saving our money to take them to Disneyland someday soon!  I loved watching them play and explore today with their Nana.  We love that we can spend some special time with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment