Bedtime is often a battle, especially with the girls. They seem to get their "second wind" just as it is time for bed. Emily and Lily find it fun to run around or start to play with a new toy just as we say it is time for bed. Nelson and I just look at each other and smile because we have been struggling to get them to play before this time. They are great at procrastinating bedtime already! As we close the door after stories and prayer, the girls continue to read and talk for some time. I love hearing them read and talk over the monitor. It is fun to hear the girls share highlights of the day or reread parts of their books to each other. I am so glad they are good friends and get to share a room. I hope they will always enjoy their "pillow talk" together. As I tuck each of my babies in, I whisper, "I love you" and catch my gaze lingering longer hoping to savor them for a moment longer. I love watching them grow, but sometimes it seems way too fast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment