Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Ticks of Time. . .

I often wish I could stop the ticks of time with Emily.  I am often afraid to blink for fear I will miss something.  Each day Emily appears to have grown overnight: taller, wiser, stronger.  I find great joy in seeing her glimmers of growth, but strive to slow down time just a little.  Some may argue I need not rock her anymore, but I do.  Why?  I do not want to regret one more special moment with my baby before she grows out of it.  I love feeling her breath against my chest, her hand tickling against my skin, and her knees wrapping around my tummy to hug me tight.  Her sweet hums to sleep is my lullaby.  As much as I wish I could stop time, it continues on.  So, until then I will savor my moments with my Tink in our sweet Neverland. 

No comments:

Post a Comment