Today we went on a fun outing with our families to the McCormick Stillman Railroad Park in Scottsdale, Arizona. It was an interesting museum featuring a toy train model museum, train exhibits, and the original presidential train car. The Roald Amundsen Pullman Car was built in 1928 for $205,000. As one of the last cars built by the Pullman Company, the Roald Amundsen is best known for its presidential travel. The car provided maximum security and was used at various times by every president from Herbert Hoover through Dwight Eisenhower.
We also enjoyed taking Emily on her first train ride and carousel ride. She was a bit nervous at first on each ride, but quickly eased into "enjoying the ride." I commented to my mom and Nelson that I so enjoyed experiencing taking Emily on a ride for the first time. I loved calming her nervousness with consoling words, holding her tight, and watching her eyes glow with amazement. It was magical!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment