Sunday, January 20, 2013

Just Right

Sometimes it bothers me when others comment on the size of my baby - in fact people in general.  I know with the history of an eating disorder my perception may be different than others.  I guess I feel judged or feel bad for those who are commented to that they are being judged.  Yet, in the process of overcoming my eating disorder I have found the truth in the fact we are all different.  Numbers are numbers - not judgement factors.  A person's worth and identity are not measured by numbers.  In fact a person's worth is actually unchanging in God's eyes.  I believe it is our perception that makes the unnecessary change. 

When I was at home for Christmas and Dr. Julie met Emily for the first time, I was surprised and glad of her remark of Emily.  It wasn't that she said she was "chunky" or "squirrley" like others upon their first meeting.  Instead she said, "Emily is just right!"  WOW!  What a great comment - one without judgement.  Emily is just right!  She is just right for herself and fits perfectly into our family. 

Taking this idea further, I feel through the process of recovery I have found to be more accepting of myself.  I guess you can say I am finding a way to see myself as "just right."  Like Emily, everyone is "just right" as they are priceless in the sight of God for the varying parts they play in His masterful plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment