On December 19th, our little family headed home to Utah for the holidays. We have been anxiously awaiting the chance to spend time with family and show off our little girl. Each day was fun filled visiting with family, friends, and loved one. The best part of the trip was just being with those we love most.
Emily with Aunt Brooke
Emily with Aunt Michelle
Emily with Aunt Heidi & Uncle Aaron & Ellie
Emily & Grandpa Handy (Papa)
During our stay we were excited to see snow fall a few days. However, as we have returned home we think 2 weeks of snow is just right. Today in Arizona it was about 65 degrees with beautiful sunshine that we enjoyed a nice walk outside.
We were spoiled with great memories and gifts from our families. Although all the gifts were marvelous, the best gifts were hugs and visiting in person.
Emily had fun meeting her cousin Ellie, who is just 10 days younger than her. They were so cute together. I know they will be best of friends as time goes forward.
Emily & Ellie
One thing I really wanted to be sure to get while in Utah was a 4 generation picture with Emily, my mom, and grandma. It was so fun to introduce Emily to my special grandma. My grandma just loved to look at her to the point she had to be told to look at the camera.
Emily & Great Grandma White ( Double G)
One day while we were there, I was able to go to the Center for Change and introduce Emily to my Tinker Bell Julie. It as a special experience to see my two Tinks meet. Julie was darling with Little Tink and mentioned repeatedly that I could just leave her there. My answer was always no, but I would work on a transporter to visit more often. Coincidently I went on my 3 year anniversary of entering the CFC. I reflected about life's changes since then on my way to and from the Center. I am grateful for the rebirth of life and the chance to continue towards complete recovery. Although I didn't ever think Ed's voice would get quieter, it has. I think one of the biggest secrets of success is the choice to be happy with who I am and life's experiences - challenges and all.
My two Tinkerbells - Dr. Julie & Tink
No comments:
Post a Comment