Monday, October 3, 2011

Journey to Gilbert



In the hallow of God's hands, miracles continue to bless Nelson's and my new life in Arizona. Although this has been a drastic change, we have been blessed with an overwhelming measure of peace.

As the Lord teaches, line upon line His perfect organization has fallen into place. In the Book of Mormon, in 2 Nephi 28, we read:

“For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have” (2 Nephi 28:30, emphasis added).

This principle was given reference many times in this weekend's General Conference messages. Moving here is definitely helping me develop patience. Oftentimes, I hope and pray for a blessing to come with patience. Yet, my timetable is often quicker than the Lord's. However, His timetable is perfect as He sends blessings according to what we can handle in that moment. Gradually, new obstacles are added according to His perfect organization. Through His optimal organization, we develop and acquire further skills necessary for upcoming obstacles.

Although it has been difficult to be patient in the job search, God's timing has afforded great blessings. While looking for work, I have been able to have time to prepare needful things at home: insurance, changing addresses, and getting established. I have also had some time to help Nelson with some projects in school.

When looking at things in the moment, time seems to go too slowly. However, when looking through with retrospection, it has come so quickly. To think just two months ago we decided to move here. Even thinking a week ago the changes that have happened.

Early last week I felt stumped into where to go next in my job search. I know God is aware of me and has a plan. Praying and pondering for new things to investigate, I decided to look into some charter schools for substituting. I sent my resume and application to schools on Monday. On Wednesday, I had an interview with American Leadership Academy in Gilbert.

Much to my surprise I started working on Friday. It is a long term substitute job for 6th and 7th grade English. Before going to the school, I would have never picked 6th grade. Been there, done that! However, peace filled my heart in my interview. So far it has been a good experience. I am learning lots about new things in this adventure.

I have made a neat connection to the location of this new opportunity. This school is right across the street from the new Gilbert temple. Like my previous job at Butterfield Canyon Elementary, I will have the opportunity to watch a new temple rise up to completion. Although this is a short time position, I am grateful for the opportunity. I know God will continue to lead me "line upon line."

No comments:

Post a Comment