
This past weekend I attended the World-wide Leadership Training meeting. The messages shared were inspiring and uplifting. President Erying began his talk by mentioning how the scriptures often refer to treasures as those things you love. They guide your life in the direction of happiness or wickedness. Matthew 12:35 describes, "A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things."
As I have pondered about the word treasure, my mind has reflected on the many blessings I love and cherish. God's hand is in my life bringing blessings overflowing, treasures of His everlasting love. As part of God's creations, I am loved by Him, now, always and forever.
God's eternal treasures bring blessings of happiness. I find my treasure chest is filled with blessings of the temple, eternal families, gospel, prayer, trials, angels, miracles, and countless other tender mercies. These blessings are the silver linings of my soul.
Another great promise of treasure is found in God's promise blessings of the Word of Wisdom. I am learning this is a great "treasure map" of keeping my physical and spiritual body healthy. Recently, in my sessions with Julie and Torey I have discovered how the principle of intuitive eating connects with the word of wisdom. Heavenly Father has given me a precious gift that Satan envies - my body. The principles of the word of wisdom & intuitive eating provide a treasure map to follow to living well in taking care of my body.
I love the promised blessings of the last 3 verses, D&C 89: 18-21:
"And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to the commandments, shall receive health in their navel and marrow in their bones;
And shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures;
And shall run and not be weary and shall walk and not faint.
And I, the Lord give unto them a promise, that the destroying angel shall pass by them, as the children of Israel, and not slay them. Amen"
Using the principles of balance and joy found in living the word of wisdom, I know God brings about these eternal blessings that are further given in the temple. I especially, love the promise that "the destroying angel shall pass by them." To me this symbolizes Ed. With obedience to the principles, treasures of finding my divine potential will follow. I am so grateful to be able to better understand the word of wisdom's treasure map with the help of my angels Julie and Torey.
No comments:
Post a Comment