Saturday, February 19, 2011

Second Chances


As I was rereading a journal entry from last year at this time, I learned (or relearned) from my experience. I find both reading and writing in my journals brings blessings of strength.

"Today we went cross country skiing for our outing. It was beautiful in the mountains with the sun shining. I loved feeling the warmth of its rays dance on my face. This was the second I have gone, so I found it was a little easier. I was even able to go done the hills without falling.

As we processed on the way home, I expressed how going a second time was easier and more enjoyable that the first time. I related this to life. Sometimes the first part of a new experience or challenge is difficult, but with time it becomes easier. I have found that the most challenging moments and experiences in life bring the greatest blessings.

This experience also helped me realize the importance of second chances. So much thought and pressure is put into "first impressions," yet they are only a glimpse into the brightness a person or experience contains. I am finding how important second chances in life are for people, experiences, and myself. I was sent here to learn through experience and mistakes in my imperfection. God has provided a way to return to Him through the redeeming power of the Atonement. Through this eternal gift, the blessing of second chances is given. What is lost becomes found, what is broken becomes mended, and all things are made whole. The purpose of my life's journey is not to be perfect, but to continue to come unto Him to receive a "second chance."

Sending Pixie Dust,
Love,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment