Sunday, February 6, 2011

Carrying Out of Darkness


In my journey of recovery, I feel I have been rescued from an overwhelming prison of darkness. As I continue to move forward, my mind and heart feel free from Lucifer's bounds of deceits.

In 1 Nephi 21, Isaiah prophesies of the Messiah's light and power to free the Gentiles and all from prison. I connected this prophecy of freedom to my journey of recovery. In 1 Nephi 21:9-10 it reads:

"That thou mayest say to the prisoners: Go forth,; to them that sit in darkness: Show yourselves. They shall feed in the ways, and their pastures shall be in high places. . . for he that hath mercy shall lead them . . . And I will make all my mountains a way, and my highways shall be exalted."

I then cross-referenced to 2 Nephi 3:5:

". . . the Messiah should be made manifest unto them in the latter days, in the spirit of power, unto the bringing of them out of darkness, and out of captivity unto freedom."

Throughout the rough and smooth parts of my journey, my Savior's redeeming and omnipotent power are there to rescue me. Satan tries to keep me captive in his dark prison of hopelessness and unhappiness. However, through Christ's redeeming hands I am saved. His everlasting light and love release me from Lucifer's destructive bounds, into heaven's arms of safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment