On April 8, 2016 we welcomed Logan Nelson Yates into our family. He is a special little guy that we all love dearly. At over 39 weeks pregnant, I was to be induced on Friday, April 8th. I was a little concerned to go in with Lily having the stomach flu the day before, but was excited to meet him. Logan seems like a patient, easy going baby so he may have waited longer, but we couldn't. It has been a special experience - just as with Lily and Emily - to wait for Logan's coming. I have felt his tender spirit in many moments of challenge over the years to comfort, strengthen, and care for me. As we each of my children, I feel a special bond with him - my son.
Nelson and I arrived at the hospital at 6:30 am. By 7:00 am, I was dressed and ready for the coming of our son. Once the IV was started, my doctor, Dr. Kathleen Langer, came in and broke my water at about 8 am. Nelson and I enjoyed some time visiting about this new little addition and our many blessings of change over the year: new job, new baby, and new house in September. All great blessings, but nothing can compare to his arrival. Soon my mom arrived. It has been neat to have her share this tender experience of our babies arrivals. We were glad she could be there.
By 11 am, I was ready to push. Logan came at 11:36 am, weighing 6 lbs 4 oz and 18.5 inches long. As I heard his first cries and held him for the first time, tears filled my eyes for this incredible miracle and blessing. There is something magical - spiritual as a baby is born. It is a time when heaven and earth meet. Each time my children have been born I have felt angels in the room bringing them there. Though I do not know of everyone that was beyond the veil there, I do know I have felt my Grandpa White there each time. What a tender mercy to know he was there.
After I had some tender moments with Logan, Nelson held him. Nelson has been so excited for a son! As I gazed upon them both, I know there too is a special connection between those two. Nelson's eyes beamed with pride, joy, and love. He is an amazing father and definitely my better half.
Later that day, my parents and Melissa came to visit with the girls. We have been talking about baby brother coming for months. I anticipated seeing the girls reaction to Logan. As the girls entered the room they were anxious to sit with me and see Logan. Emily, however, eventually warmed up to Logan. She was excited to stroke his feet and hands. When I tucked her in the next night, Emily said, "Thank you for getting baby brother at the hospital." She has loved caring for him by getting diapers, wipes, and showing him lots of toys. I know Emily loves having him around. On the other hand, Lily is still not quite sure about him. However, she is gradually warming up to him more and more. I know they will all share a special friendship and love for each other.
Even after coming home from the hospital, the girls have been sick. I have worried about them and keeping everyone else healthy, especially Logan. I know many angels have and are attending to us. I am so grateful we are lucky enough to have Logan in our home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment