Saturday, December 12, 2015

Christmas Temple Lights


This afternoon I told Emily that we would be going to see the Christmas Temple lights downtown.  She was excited as she loves to see the Christmas lights!  Soon after I told her we would be going soon, Emily was insistent that she get her dress on so that she could go to the temple.  I tried to explain to her that she didn't need to wear her dress because we weren't going inside the temple, just walking around the outside and seeing the Christmas lights.  As much as I tried, Emily was persistent to wear a dress. If it wasn't so cold, I may have agreed.  In the end, we all headed out bundled in coats, gloves, pants, and hats.

Emily and Lily were amazed at all the lights and people!  I loved watching their eyes and Emily's sweet exclamations, "Wow!"  As I told Emily to look at the temple, she sweetly touched Lily and encouraged her to look at the temple to.  Once again, Emily asked to get her dress on to go inside the temple.  I told her that one day she would in a pretty white dress.

Throughout the night, Emily asked several times to get her dress on even when we got home.  I was amazed at what Emily had learned from me.  Each time I go to the temple, I wear a dress so should she.  Such a simple act, but a great teaching point to her.  It was a great reminder to me to be a good example in word and deed.

No comments:

Post a Comment