Thursday, September 26, 2013

One Year Ago

Throughout the past week I cannot help but reflect on the happenings of a year ago.  Emily's spirit has been with us as long as I can remember.  Even before we knew she was joining our family, I could feel her spirit and recognize it more as she displays her joyful, determined personality.  I can remember feeling she would be coming soon last year, but not sure when.  Her birth story has replayed in my mind frequently the past few days.  Although many details, big and small, come to mind, I remember vividly the moment my sweet Tink was placed in my arms for the first time.  


It isn't the "best picture" of me (sweaty & tired from labor), but it is one of the sweetest.  I cannot help but travel back in time to that moment.  My words in that blog caught a glimpse of some of the feelings I felt:
"For months, I had dreamed and wondered what it would be like to see her for the first time.  I was worried they wouldn’t let me hold her for a while, but that was the first place they put her – in my arms.  Witnessing her arrival was a miracle.  As I saw her for the first time in my arms and heard her cry, it seemed heaven and earth connected.  I felt not only her sweet spirit enter the room, but guardian angels.  They seemed to swoop down around her and me – a touch of pixie dust.  I think they were showing her the way to earth’s Neverland adventure."  

As I rock my baby girl to sleep, I often see a flashback of seeing her for the first time.  I am brought to tears of gratitude as I rock Emily knowing that I am privileged to be her mommy.  This great calling has opened my mind and heart to understand a glimmer of the meaning of God's love for me.  It is incredible to think of the greatness of His infinite love.  I am so grateful to be a mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment