Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Sanctuary of the Temple

"You are never lost when you can see the temple. The temple will provide direction for you and your family in a world filled with chaos. It is an eternal guidepost which will help you from getting lost in the 'mist of darkness.'" —Gary E. Stevenson Each week I strive to take the opportunity to attend the temple. I love the temple! I love its peace, power, and protection. Heavenly Father's eternal, abiding love is held close within its sacred walls. I find greater strength as I attend the temple to fight Ed's inner battle and raging storm. In I Kings 9:3 it reads, "I have hallowed this house, which thou hast built, to put my name there for ever; and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually." In fact, when my mind is raging, I will sing the words of "I Love to See the Temple." It brings a sense of peace that can only be found therein. In the temple, peace of mind and answers to prayers flow. Boyd K. Packer said, "At the temple the dust of distraction seems to settle out, the fog and the haze seem to lift, and we can 'see' things that we were not able to see before and find a way through our troubles that we had not previously known." In his hallowed house, I find a sanctuary to my soul. "Thou shalt bring them in, and plant them in the mountain of thine inheritance, in the place, O Lord, which thou hast made for thee to dwell in, in the aSanctuary, O Lord, which thy hands have established." (Exodus 15:17). I love to attend my mom's initiatory session to participate in the covenants with her. It is a special experience to have her hands laid upon my head and speaking its wonderful blessings. The temple in its self is a special place, but while attending with family its blessings become a reality. The promises are more fully seen and my love grows deeper - a heaven's glimpse into the eternities. Richard H. Winkel said, "When you come to the temple you will love your family with a deeper love than you have ever felt before. The temple is about families." Attending the temple with my mom also reminds me of the powerful blessings of Abraham, as outlined in the initiatory. My parents truly have taught and engraved a great love of the temple in my heart. I love this special time with my mom in a sanctuary of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment