
Line upon line, precept on precept;
Now is the time for my spirit to grow.
As children of God, we are meant to be happy.
He gave us the gospel that we may be so.
All through my life I’ll grow in knowledge.
Journeys of faith move one step at a time.
As children of God, we are meant to be happy.
Teach me to be like Him—line upon line.
1989 by Nita Dale Milner
I continue to think and ponder about God's small, powerful changes. 2 Nephi 27-28 testifies that God is the same yesterday, today and forever. He is a God of miracles of His grace, wisdoem, and power. God's mighty works are found in daily tender mercies.
Opposing to God's light is Satan's darkness. He leads through lies of flaxen cords (2 Nephi 26:22) of "little sins" (2 Nephi 28:8) to justify lull, lie, and hide in darkness. Yet these small cords tighten to a speedy destruction.
I was thinking how God's miracles occur in small steps. Like the "Daffodil Principle," the beauty is awakening and inspiring. I think of sunrises, sunsets, flowers blossoming, trees blooming, autumn leaves, baby's growing, glistening rainbows and so much more.
Yet powerful destruction seems to occur ever so quickly - natural disasters, accidents, and other harmful events. The process of becoming lulled into the trap may be slow, but the destruction is quick.
My eyes twinkle at the sparkles of spring. As I came home from work today, my eyes were drawn to the peeping up tulip leaves. Like the trees and grass, life is awakening from a winter's rest. Rays of color and sun are gradually showing. Although it can be tempting to wish for the blossoms over night. There is a sweet sensation in wainting and watching life renew "line upon line."
Now is the time for my spirit to grow.
As children of God, we are meant to be happy.
He gave us the gospel that we may be so.
All through my life I’ll grow in knowledge.
Journeys of faith move one step at a time.
As children of God, we are meant to be happy.
Teach me to be like Him—line upon line.
1989 by Nita Dale Milner
I continue to think and ponder about God's small, powerful changes. 2 Nephi 27-28 testifies that God is the same yesterday, today and forever. He is a God of miracles of His grace, wisdoem, and power. God's mighty works are found in daily tender mercies.
Opposing to God's light is Satan's darkness. He leads through lies of flaxen cords (2 Nephi 26:22) of "little sins" (2 Nephi 28:8) to justify lull, lie, and hide in darkness. Yet these small cords tighten to a speedy destruction.
I was thinking how God's miracles occur in small steps. Like the "Daffodil Principle," the beauty is awakening and inspiring. I think of sunrises, sunsets, flowers blossoming, trees blooming, autumn leaves, baby's growing, glistening rainbows and so much more.
Yet powerful destruction seems to occur ever so quickly - natural disasters, accidents, and other harmful events. The process of becoming lulled into the trap may be slow, but the destruction is quick.
My eyes twinkle at the sparkles of spring. As I came home from work today, my eyes were drawn to the peeping up tulip leaves. Like the trees and grass, life is awakening from a winter's rest. Rays of color and sun are gradually showing. Although it can be tempting to wish for the blossoms over night. There is a sweet sensation in wainting and watching life renew "line upon line."
No comments:
Post a Comment