As spring buds began to peek through this year, my mind was drawn to evidences of rebirth and new life. My eyes tracked the slight changes each day of a new birds' nest, baby ducklings, and flowers poking through the winter's hard ground. The newness of life found around me enlightened my understanding to see the changes in my personal growth.
I was excited by the possibility of the new blossoms to break through the cold ground to a light and brightness of spring. It brought a renewed sense of happiness and freedom. Usually, I joyfully anticipate fall, but this year I unsure of its beginning. I feared with its arrival, my growth and change like the flowers would "fall." My heart yearns to continue to move forward along the path of recovery and life.
Combating this fear, I realized the power and purpose of fall and the coming winter. I recognize trees and all living things do not stop growing all year. The colors of the leaves are evidence of the trees' internal change. During the fall and winter, trees are resting, healing, and cultivating the ability to produce in the spring. The transformations are hidden, but significant.
This is similar to individual growth. Sometimes changes occur internally, invisible to my outward eye. In time, the internal process of healing and growing inside bring external blessings. Patiently waiting for those outward manifestations is an active process of faith. I am learning that the Lord's timing is often different from my own. However, His knowledge of the beginning to the end sees the power possibility of patience. In enduring faith, momentous growth is made to continue forward. I am grateful for the cycle of growth that comes with all seasons: fall, winter, spring, and summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment