As I have tried to process the emotional roller coaster of the past few weeks, I have thought to compare it to vast difference between faith and fear. It is like a light switch from brightness to darkness. The sources of each are from opposing sources, one leading to hope and the other to despair.
My negative mind circulates endless fears of doubt, hopelessness, and failure. The adversary wants me to believe I am worthless by evidence of unobservable change. He feels my mind with cycles of worries – of life here and now as well as the future. This fear enraptures my soul, obstructing my ability to move.
I am realizing this fear to be a quicksand to despair. Like a “flaxen cord,” Lucifer’s quicksand appears safe until I am stepped into it. If I choose to let the discouraging cycle spin, it leads quickly to feelings of being “stuck” without hope. Yet, I am discovering frantic thoughts only funnel my soul to sink deeper.
Understanding the purpose and power of Lucifer’s quicksand, I am striving to use my wand and pixie dust to confront his deceits. Dr. Julie has taught me God’s pixie dust is faith, hope, and charity. Faith in God’s plan through the power of the atonement will help me find my potential and overcome all. Hope in journey that will lead me safely to God’s loving arms in heaven above. God wants all His children to return home. He won’t let me fail. Charity for God, my family, friends, those I associate with, and me. I am learning to love me for me. Charity is the ability to love and be loved.
Each pocket full of pixie dust is created by my thoughts and actions of faith in God and me. When my soul is anchored to trust in His plan and timing, my eyes are enlightened to new understanding. I find treasures of growth and change, twinklings of light. Etches in my character that can only be seen with eyes of faith.
Bishop Edgley’s conference taught me of the power of faith in God and me:
“When the disciples asked Jesus why they could not cast a devil out as they had just witnessed the Savior do, Jesus answered, “If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove” (Matthew 17:20). I have never witnessed the removal of an actual mountain. But because of faith I have seen a mountain of doubt and despair removed and replaced with hope and optimism. Because of faith I have personally witnessed a mountain of sin replaced with repentance and forgiveness. And because of faith I have personally witnessed a mountain of pain replaced with peace, hope, and gratitude. Yes, I have seen mountains removed.”
I know through my power of faith, God will help me “remove this mountain.” It will be a journey, but what wonderful sights of change to behold along the way. Each glimmer of faith brings added pixie dust to my pocket, which will enable me to fly home to Him when I have overcome all that He asks me. I am choosing to use God’s light instead of Lucifer’s sand of despair.
No comments:
Post a Comment