"If I were an animal, I would be a giraffe. I am not very tall, only 5 feet. If I was a giraffe I would for sure be taller than 6 feet! I like my height now, but the world would look different if I were taller.
I also want to be a giraffe because it has cool, spotted camouflage to hide from predators. When giraffes run they can hide in the desert sand and trees. Their fur is hard to see in the sun's mirage glare.
Giraffes have so many friend to live with. They can be seen traveling with their family and friends through the desert. It is important for me to be with family.
Although a giraffe's height, camouflage and company would be fun to travel with, I am glad to be me!"
As I walked around the room helping and observing the students, it was neat to see their creative responses to so many different animals. However, I was most impressed by Ben's. Through his writing, he taught me the value of self-worth. His answer was:
"If I were an animal, I would be me. I like myself the way I am, so I would not want to be anything else. You could just buy food instead of finding it. There would be nothing that could get me at night."
I love teaching because it seems I get so much more in return. When I told Dr. Julie about it in my session, she challenged me to write why I liked me. To this challenge I wrote the following:
Standing in front of the mirror
My mind is captivated
Pondering the question,
"Why do I love me?"
A simple task
It would seem, especially to answer for someone else
Yet Ed and my negative mind
Destroy my perspective to be unlovable
With faith to believe
God's empowering light of love
I put on heaven's glasses
To enlighten my sight
I love my creative brain
Giving me power to design
Following the passions of my heart
Making creations to fulfill my purpose
I love my sensitive eyes
That seek to highlight and understand the good in others
Striving to sparkle God's light of love
Emulating my inner countenance
I love my faithful heart
Loyal to God, family, and friends
Acting with faith to do His will
Leading to heaven above
I love my open arms
That enwrap, hug, and hold
All that is most precious
Keeping me safe from my unwanted demons
I love the potential of my feet
Guiding me to unknown places
Where opportunities await
Adventures to be unfolded
I love my passion for teaching
Bringing abundant blessings of learning
Adventures to explore God's infinite gifts
With small friends filled with hopeful hearts
I love my gifts of growth
That bring countless, disguised blessings
Building stepping stones to heaven
To reach my divine potential
My love for me grows
A tiny seed planted
Nourished with care for me - inside and outside
Blossoming my true character
No comments:
Post a Comment