
My dear friend, Sheri Burmester, from St. George has been in town for a few weeks. We were lucky to spend some time with her today at the park. Sheri and her family are considered our St. George family. They were great friends who helped and played with us. When I was teaching piano and tutoring there, Sheri and Kira were a great help with Emily. It was a special time for Emily to have some fun playmates. She loved playing cars, coloring, and chasing at their house. We enjoyed some Conference and holiday dinners with them. At night, Sheri and I would often walk together. I so appreciated her friendship and am so glad it is still there so far apart.
Sheri has been awaiting a kidney and pancreas transplant. It was a miracle that she was able to find a match. Even though I know the surgery was difficult, I am so grateful she is still here and had this miracle. While at the park, the girls loved playing and showing off their tricks for Sheri. It always amazes me that we can instantly catch up on things even though we may be miles apart.
No comments:
Post a Comment