We are all anticipating baby brother's soon arrival in a few short weeks. We have been getting the house ready for his arrival. His bed, carseat, and bouncy chair are all ready for him. Emily has moved her carseat to the back row in the van so that she can watch over baby brother. She has been so excited to have his carseat in the car for which I am grateful for. The past two days the girls have loved playing with his bouncy chair and carseat. As each of them sit in those chairs, I can hardly believe they were so tiny in them at one time. Growing up seems to happen too fast.
I believe Emily is especially anticipating the arrival of her baby brother. She will tell me and others that baby brother is coming after the Easter Bunny comes. Emily has been excited to get out his car seat, bassinet, and clothes. When I ask her what baby brother's name is, Emily says, "Mommy's tummy?" The past few weeks Emily has really taken to helping with Lily - changing diapers, getting her dressed, and even at times sharing toys. I am excited to see her interact with our little boy. I believe she will be a big helper! The other day Emily was playing with the doctor kit. She sweetly did a check up on me like Doc McStuffins. I even caught her doing a checkup on baby brother and giving him a "diagnosis." Cute big sister!
I love it when Lily and Emily snuggle with me and end up placing their hands gently on my tummy. It is like they are giving their little brother a love. I know this little boy will be greatly loved by both of them.




No comments:
Post a Comment