Friday, October 2, 2015

Curious Lily


Lily has learned to walk, providing for new curious adventures to be had.  She has more than learned to walk, but run!  Sometimes I can barely keep up with her.  She loves to wander the house, but even more she loves to explore the outdoors.  Lily loves to investigate the texture of things.  She loves to squeeze her hand through dirt, pick grass, pull at flowers, and pick up rocks.  Unfortunately, she even likes to explore texture with her mouth - yuck.  I have to keep an extra careful eye on her when we are outside because she will be found eating dirt all too quickly.


I love hearing the pitter-patter of her feet against the floor with her jabbers and giggles in the background.  Lily loves to be silly & mischiveous by escaping to climb the stairs.  She can't quite seem to stifle her giggle as she heads of the stairs, which is a grateful help to me to catch her from falling.  Lily can climb the stairs well, but we still need to work on going down by herself.
  

Lily is my independent sleeper, so I get few moments of holding my baby in stillness.  When I do it is a treasure to capture her "smallness" for just a little longer.  Either in my arms or nestled in her crib, I love watching my babies sleep.  


No comments:

Post a Comment