Monday, June 2, 2014

Growing Up


For the past few weeks my heart has been troubled with the idea of Emily growing up.  My sweet Emily is no longer my baby, but my little girl.  She can do so many "big" girl things like talk, sing, pretend, eat with a fork, and so much more.  In just less than ten weeks, my sweet little girl will be a big sister. 
 
There is so much excitement for our new bundle to join us soon!  Emily is going to love her little sister!  She loves playmates and sisters make the best kind.  Together the three of us have snuggled to read stories, play, and sing songs.  I know our sweet little baby is already with us in so many ways.
 
There is another part of me that wants to keep my Emily little forever!  I don't want the little arms that wrap around my neck and pull my hair to leave, the sound of her binky chomping to fade, or toes and fingers to stretch to quickly.  Then again, I find so much joy in seeing her new ideas and tricks everyday like folding her arms to pray, saying a new word or phrase, and dancing with a new move. 
 
As a mom there is a part of me that feels inadequate for this new bundle to join us.  I wonder how I can love and care for another as much as Emily.  Will my heart be enough for two?  My hands are busy now, so can I grow two more?  I have been told my heart will expand, but sometimes I wonder if I going to be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment