All day today, Emily seemed fussy and not herself - clingy and sad. As the day progressed, things seemed to be getting worse. We were playing in her room, when all of the sudden she climbed on my lap and feel asleep. For the next hour and a half while I taught piano, Emily was lethargic in my arms. Finally, after my last piano student I asked Joanna (my piano student's mom) what she thought. She was so sweet to drive home to get her thermometer. When Joanna returned, we found out Emily had a 103 fever. I was so worried!
After talking to our doctor's nurse, they suggested we go to Instacare. I stripped Emily to her onsie, called Nelson to come home, and we left for Instacare. By the time she was seen, her temperature was 101. They checked her over and thought she may have a UTI, so sent us home with an antibiotic. Gradually Emily's temperature went down over the next few days, but it was sure no fun to see her sick! It is times like these I wish family was closer. I was grateful for a friend to provide support in a time of need.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment