Thursday, July 4, 2013

Fabulous 4th of July

This was our first 4th of July on our own.  Last year we were with my family at a reunion in Heber City, Utah.  The year before that we were still living in Utah, just turning in our application to ASU for graduate school.  Oh how things have changed in the last two years!

Our 4th of July was nontraditional in some ways, but traditional in that we spent time together.  Nelson had to work, so we met up for a picnic lunch.  We loved visiting and playing with Nelson midday.  I was going to go to the store to buy groceries for a traditional barbecue, but did not make it.  So, I looked at what we had and tried to be creative.  I made a red, white, and blue meal with triple berry fruit salad and "flag" enchiladas.

No comments:

Post a Comment