Sunday, November 11, 2012

My Dollie

 
As a child I loved playing with dolls, especially Cabbage Catch dolls.  I had quite a collection, probably more than 10.  I remember hearing the story and watching the home video of my first Christmas. I got a doll that smelled like a newborn.  Each Christmas it seemed my collection grew, thanks to the help of Santa who loved dollies;D.  I loved to pretend with my dolls: play school, church, and "house" with them.  As Christmas approaches, I have been thinking about these memories and how much I love to play with my dolly Emily.  Like my first dolly, Tink's smell is sweet.  Nelson tells her it is one of his favorite smells.  I love playing, singing, pretending, and talking to her.  It has been fun to see her eyes engage more in contact with mine.  I can't help but wonder if she knows me?  I love dolling her up for the day.  She is so cute! 
 

 
 As I uploaded new pictures today, I browsed through pictures of her birthday. My little dollie Tink is growing so much. She continues to learn new tricks each day. Through it all I am loving each tender moment with my sweet dolly. One of my favorite things to do with Emily is snuggle. She nestles into my chest and hums or chomps her binkie.  I am trying to think of a way to record these sounds so that I can hold on to them forever.
 

 
At first, Emily was not too sure about a binkie.  Now, however, she loves to suck on it before and after a feeding.  Sometimes she will soothe herself with her thumb.  I caught doing it in her swing.


I am so lucky to have my own dolly this Christmas.  She is the best gift anyone could ask for.  I love Tink more than words can say!

No comments:

Post a Comment