Sunday, May 27, 2012

Little Foot

My Sweet Little Foot -

For the past few weeks I have been anticipating being able to feel you for the first time. However, I wasn't sure what you would feel like. Doctors and other mommies describe it as "butterfly flutterings" or "quickenings." I don't think any description can explain the feeling.

For some time I have thought I have felt you, but unsure. This week I went to the doctor. As I waited for the doctor I was wondering if the twists and turns in my tummy were nerves or you. While Dr. Linnerson and I were listening to your heartbeat, he said, "There is quite a bit of fetal (baby) movement. Can you feel your baby moving?" It was then I was certain that these "ticklings" was my sweet Little Foot.

When I told Daddy about your "butterfly flutterings," he wanted so much to feel it too. As we sat together, he put his hand on my tummy in hopes of feeling you. It was like you knew he was there because you began to move around lots! At first, Daddy was unsure if he would feel anything. All of the sudden, he jumped up, "Oh my goddness! I felt it. There IS something in there! That's so cool!" I wish I had a camera at that moment that you caught Daddy with your "butterfly flutterings." I will never forget the way your magical pixie dust ignited his eyes. The sweetest part was when Daddy said, "I will never forget this moment that I felt our baby - our Little Foot." I have to agree that neither will I.

Your wiggles make me giggle with the magic of knowing you are really there - it is not just a dream. Butterflies are symbolic in my life, so it is funny that many describe baby movements as "butterfly flutterings." To me butterflies mean freedom and hope. Now each time I feel you, I think there are some butterfly sprinklings of pixie dust. I cannot help but smile at their twinkles of hope and laughter. I am so excited to touch and hold your little feet and hands that create this magic. I love you more than words can say!

With all my love,
Always,
Mommy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment