As everyone is well aware, Arizona is known for the HEAT! Since moving here at the beginning
of September, my body has felt summer has draaaagggged on! Usually in Salt Lake you can feel the change of months with the season changes. In Arizona, I missed that feeling. I kept looking for signs of fall with trees changing and cooler temperatures. However, the 90s continued on. That is until this weekend. I "cold front" came in with a HUGE dust storm. We were grateful for the rain to clear the air.Now the breeze brings a feeling of fall here. We turned on the heater for the first time yesterday for a few minutes with our apartment only 65. The temperature is just about right, not too hot and not too cold. I love watching the grass turn from brown to green. I guess green grass does grow anywhere :).
Nelson is working hard at school. He will finish the semester the first week of December. It is
fun to see him excited about what he is learning, even though he dreads the common things of school - tests and papers. I am very proud of him!
I am still working at American Leadership Academy. On Tuesday I finished my long term
English middle school substitute position. On Wednesday I was supposed to start as an instructional assistant helping teachers with planning and building the curriculum. However, due to an expired fingerprint card, I am a long term substitute in a 5th grade class until just before Christmas. I am glad to be back with elementary students, yet glad to learn about middle school kids. Most of all, I am grateful for God's watchful care to provide a work opportunity.
We are counting down the days until Christmas break to visit family and friends. We miss and
love you all! When you have a minute we would love to hear from you:D.
This past week I thought about my passion for writing. This is part of a journal entry. . .
Writing has become such an outlet for me during the past few years, especially journal writing. I love the way letters combine to make words that dance together to express inner feelings. At first writing was a way for me to speak when Ed wanted me to remain silent.
This past week, I realized that journal writing has now become a way to speak to Heavenly Father. It is a time to reflect and capture the twinkles of God's miracles in my life. Then as I reread my entries I find strength and glimmers of growth.
President Erying gave a talk in the 2010 general conference entitled, "O Remember Remember." He taught about the importance of remembering God in our daily lives, including journal writing. I connect with the feelings he mentions. I am so grateful for the treasures of blessings God shines upon me each day.
President Erying gave a talk in the 2010 general conference entitled, "O Remember Remember." He taught about the importance of remembering God in our daily lives, including journal writing. I connect with the feelings he mentions. I am so grateful for the treasures of blessings God shines upon me each day.
"I wrote down a few lines every day for years. I never missed a day no matter how tired I was or how early I would have to start the next day. Before I would write, I would ponder this question:
“Have I seen the hand of God reaching out to touch us or our children or our family today?” As I kept at it, something began to happen. As I would cast my mind over the day, I would see evidence of what God had done for one of us that I had not recognized in the busy moments of the day. As that happened, and it happened often, I realized that trying to remember had allowed God to show me what He had done. . . .
More than gratitude began to grow in my heart. Testimony grew. I became ever more certain that our Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers. I felt more gratitude for the softening and refining that come because of the Atonement of the Savior Jesus Christ. And I grew more confident that the Holy Ghost can bring all things to our remembrance—even things we did not notice or pay attention to when they happened. . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment