Monday, August 15, 2011

Eternal Perspective


I thought I would email with an update of our recent journey of change. As you know, Nelson's and my life has flipped upside the past 2 weeks. We were accepted on August 2. By Friday, we decided to go. Monday, August 8 I gave my 30 day notice, meaning my last day teaching is September 5. Nelson flew down last week for 2 days to find an apartment and check out the campus. However, it didn't work out.

So, instead of moving down, Nelson and I just drove down on Saturday the car he will have here. My aunt lives in Phoenix so we are staying with her for a few days as we continue our apartment search. I will fly home late Tuesday night, to be back at work on Wednesday.

As doubts and fears ruminate in my mind, I strive to rely on my faith and the calm sureties I have felt that this is an answer to many prayers. As you have taught me I try to remember that Heavenly Father does not communicate with us with doubt, fear, confusion and frustration. That is how the adversary tries to discourage us when we make a good decision.

My brother reminded me of one of his favorite scriptures is when the Savior is speaking to Oliver Cowdery in Section 6 of the Doctrine and Covenants. He said, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, if you desire a further witness, cast your mind upon the night that you cried unto me in your heart, that you might know concerning the truth of these things. Did I not speak peace to your mind concerning the matter? What greater witness can you have than from God?" I feel I gain hope and encouragement by remembering the feelings and thoughts you had when you first received and answer to your prayers about moving to Phoenix.

With hope, I have an eternal perspective and freedom to look forward. The Apostle Paul taught that we should "plow in hope" (1 Corinthians 9:10). To me I understand the hope does not work alone - it is empowered by actions of faith. Faith and hope lead to actions to move toward the goals and dreams we desire.

I read a conference talk by Elder Steven E. Snow this weekend entitled, "Hope." The entire talk was so comforting, however, I found great strength in the following quote,

"Our hope in the Atonement empowers us with eternal perspective. Such perspective allows us to look beyond the here and now on into the promise of the eternities. We don’t have to be trapped in the narrow confines of society’s fickle expectations. We are free to look forward to celestial glory, sealed to our family and loved ones."

I know this is the right thing to do. Yet, there is many fears and worries that fill my mind. I want to be able to move forward. Yesterday, on our drive Nelson and I had an opportunity to talk about things. He expressed his worries that he "hoped" things would work out and it would be a quick two years. To this I responded, I had many worries and fears, but through the experiences of the past 2 years I wanted to enjoy the journey.

I am excited for the time to spend with Nelson and continue to strengthen our little family. I know we will have to rely much on each other. I am proud of his courage to move forward. There is no doubt that God's timing is perfect. His plan flows in perfect organization based on our line upon line growth. Sometimes I find when I look back I see how perfect it is all set out. I know God never leaves me alone and His blessings of tender mercies and angels are near. With faith, hope and love in HIm all things are possible.

Thank you to everyone for your love, support, and prayers!!! We couldn't do it without you!
--
Sending Pixie Dust,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment